Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Disclaimer

Just a quick note, the two previous posts about Samford University's StepSing show are not meant to be critical of the University or the university's values system in any way, shape or form. It's a parody, and in parodying, a writer finds humor in taking his/her observations about the world and then blowing up the humorous aspects and minimizing the less funny reality.

StepSing 2010 was an amazing experience, and really shows off what's best about the students and faculty at Samford can achieve. I find it very hard to fathom any other school whose students are so extraordinarily talented, creative and driven to put together such an epic piece of musical theater.

Everyone even remotely involved with the show should be as proud as a peacock for what they put together on the nights of February 18-20. The show was extraordinary in every way, and it even went beyond a simple entertainment experience, and supported an amazing charity that brings real hope and joy to children suffering from a horrible disease.

I love Samford like no place in the world, and I loved StepSing like no other performance that I have ever had the privilege to witness. But I also love to write and laugh. It is this third love that gave birth to the StepSing aftermath posts.

It is somewhat narcissistic to think that anyone even cares enough about my writing to be offended, but on the off chance that someone does put stock into my half-assed writing and opinions, I just want to make clear that my writings are in jest, a humorous view of a humorous world.

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is half-assed by no means, my friend! Humorous indeed!

    ReplyDelete